Anarchist by Felix Vallotton - 1892
Anarchist by Felix Vallotton - 1892.
Félix Vallotton (December 28, 1865 – December 29, 1925), the Swiss-born artist naturalized as a French citizen in 1900, was a painter of luxurious sunsets and a printmaker, notably working with woodcuts. He was influenced hugely by Japanese woodcuts – an exhibition of ukiyo-e prints had been presented at the École des Beaux-Arts in 1890. Vallotton, like many artists of his era, including Vincent Van Gogh, was an enthusiastic collector of Japanese prints.
These Vallotton woodcuts illustrate the book Félix Vallotton; Biographie by German novelist and art critic Julius Meier-Graefe (June 10, 1867 – June 5, 1935), published in 1898 by Edmond Sagot and J. A. Stargardt of Berlin and Paris, respectively. They deal with the everyday, social unrest and anarchistic violence, and intimate love scenes. And they are beautiful. - Paul Sorene
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
Paper: Our beautiful pictures are printed on either:
- Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper - Hahnemühle Pearl (285gsm). Unless specified, all our prints are on this museum-grade paper.
- Giclée Hahnemühle Photo Rag - Our collection Butterflies by E.A. Séguy is printed on this high-quality matt paper (308g).
- You can learn more about how our high-quality prints are made here.
The materials we use to produce your orders have been carefully selected to reduce our impact on the environment whilst still ensuring your orders get to you in perfect condition. All the packaging used for orders are a mixture of sustainably sourced, recyclable or biodegradable.
- Prints over 420mm wide - We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds. Your prints are placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends.
- Prints below 420mm wide - We package your print in a robust envelope. Your print is placed in group sleeves on card stiffener. Fixed to card
stiffener with stickers. Placed in the envelope.
- All prints and other items are tracked.
Frames Prints, Canvases & Bespoke Orders:
We can supply framed prints. But shipping framed prints and canvas prints is not free. Both incur shipping costs.
- If you'd like to order any of our prints in a size different, framed, on a stretched canvas or for anything else, please get in touch via our contact page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.