The Equinox of The Gods by Randy Salas - 1967
Print of a poster for The Equinox of the Gods by Randy Salas (Designer) at the Straight Theater (San Francisco, Calif.) - 1967.
Poster advertises Thursday, Sept. 21 , 8:30 P.M. show at the Straight Theater, 1702 Haight, by Kenneth Anger, [presented by] the Bringers of Light & the Straight Theater.
The avant-garde filmmaker Kenneth Anger, once a Hollywood child-actor, is a disciple of the occultist Aleister Crowley (1875-1947) and regards the presentation of his films as occult ceremonies that can awaken spiritual forces in his audience. He is the author of the notorious Hollywood Babylon (San Francisco, 1975), which told the stories and originated several of the myths of sex scandals, crimes, and the anti-Communist "blacklist" involving Hollywood celebrities from the early 1900s through the mid-1960s. Originally published in French (Paris, 1959), the book first appeared in English in a pirated, incomplete edition in 1965, and its distribution was banned by U.S. postal authorities. - NYPL
FREE Shipping Worldwide on ALL prints. The price you see is the full price. No add-ons at checkout.
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
- There is NO extra charge for ordering in your currency. If your preferred currency is not on the currency picker menu at the top of the site or by each image price, please get in touch.
- All our beautiful pictures are printed on museum-grade, heavyweight Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper
- We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds
- Your print is placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends
- All prints and other items are tracked
- All items are delivered to your door
- If you'd like to order any of our fine art prints in a size different to what you see in the shop, or for anything else, please get in touch via our Contact page.