Bride of Frankenstein Movie Poster - 1935
Poster for Bride of Frankenstein directed by James Whale in 1935.
To a new world of gods and monsters.
So intones Dr. Praetorious to Dr. Henry Frankenstein, toasting their new friendship with a glass of gin ("my only weakness") before proposing a partnership. He unveils a series of miniature living humans, each in its own bell jar: Homunculi, he says, which point the way to full-scale experiments in the creation of life. "Alone," he tells Frankenstein, "you have created a man. Now, together, we will create his mate."
Their quest forms the inspiration for James Whale's "The Bride of Frankenstein" (1935), the best of the Frankenstein movies--a sly, subversive work that smuggled shocking material past the censors by disguising it in the trappings of horror. Some movies age; others ripen. Seen today, Whale's masterpiece is more surprising than when it was made because today's audiences are more alert to its buried hints of homosexuality, necrophilia and sacrilege. But you don't have to deconstruct it to enjoy it; it's satirical, exciting, funny, and an influential masterpiece of art direction. - Roger Ebert
FREE Shipping Worldwide on ALL prints.
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
- There is NO extra charge for ordering in your currency. If your preferred currency is not on the currency picker menu at the top of the site or by each image price, please get in touch.
- All our beautiful pictures are printed on museum-grade, heavyweight Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper. Our preferred paper is Hahnemühle Pearl (285gsm). If you'd prefer a different paper, please get in touch.
- Giclée printers use a higher quality of fade-resistant, archival, pigment-based inks. When applied to high quality archival substrates, like, for example, the Hahnemühle cotton-based, acid free Rag papers we use, this results in an unbeatable archival lifespan of up to 200 years.
- You can learn more about how are high-quality prints are made here.
- We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds
- Your print is placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends
- All prints and other items are tracked
- All items are delivered to your door
FRAMED, CANVAS & BESPOKE ORDERS:
- If you'd like to order any of our prints in a size different, framed, on a stretched canvas or for anything else, please get in touch via our Contact page.