Mildred McMillen The Attic Window 1920
The Attic Window by Mildred McMillen - 1920.
McMillen was a native of Chicago who studied at the School of the Art Institute in that city from 1906 until 1913. There, she and her long-time companion Ada Gilmore first met. She and Gilmore spent time in France, studying with Ethel Mars and later at the Académie Colarossi, before the outbreak of World War I drove them back to the United States. Another teacher was Charles Hawthorne. In 1914 she and Gilmore settled in Provincetown, Massachusetts, where they became founding members of the Provincetown Printers. Notably, her prints are large in scale and black and white, unusual for members of the group. Several works by McMillen are owned by the Smithsonian American Art Museum, and she is represented as well in the collection of the National Gallery of Canada.
FREE Shipping Worldwide on ALL prints.
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
- There is NO extra charge for ordering in your currency. If your preferred currency is not on the currency picker menu at the top of the site or by each image price, please get in touch.
- All our beautiful pictures are printed on museum-grade, heavyweight Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper. Our preferred paper is Hahnemühle Pearl (285gsm). If you'd prefer a different paper, please get in touch.
- Giclée printers use a higher quality of fade-resistant, archival, pigment-based inks. When applied to high quality archival substrates, like, for example, the Hahnemühle cotton-based, acid free Rag papers we use, this results in an unbeatable archival lifespan of up to 200 years.
- You can learn more about how are high-quality prints are made here.
- We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds
- Your print is placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends
- All prints and other items are tracked
- All items are delivered to your door
FRAMED, CANVAS & BESPOKE ORDERS:
- If you'd like to order any of our prints in a size different, framed, on a stretched canvas or for anything else, please get in touch via our Contact page.