The Temperate and the Intemperate by Master of the Dresden Prayer Book - c.1475
The new Master of the Dresden Prayer Book (Flemish, active about 1480 - 1515) - The Temperate and the Intemperate, ca. 1475.
'The anonymous illuminator known as the Master of the Dresden Prayer Book was a painter of tremendous originality. Named after a book of hours now in Dresden, he worked in Bruges from around 1465 until about 1515. At a time when artists favored elaborate costumes and contrived postures, this illuminator gave his figures a sweeter, more innocent quality. He had an uncanny ability to locate the humor or irony in a familiar story, and he showed particular sympathy for coarse or simple characters. The novelty of his colors--including bright oranges, teals, burgundies, rich blues, and sometimes black--often arranged in surprising combinations, further attests to the refreshing originality of his art.'
FREE Shipping Worldwide on ALL prints. The price you see is the full price. No add-ons at checkout.
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
- There is NO extra charge for ordering in your currency. If your preferred currency is not on the currency picker menu at the top of the site or by each image price, please get in touch.
- All our beautiful pictures are printed on museum-grade, heavyweight Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper
- We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds
- Your print is placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends
- All prints and other items are tracked
- All items are delivered to your door
- If you'd like to order any of our fine art prints in a size different to what you see in the shop, or for anything else, please get in touch via our Contact page.