The Famous Gargantua by Unknown Artist - late 18th or early 19th century
The Famous Gargantua by Unknown Artist - late 18th or early 19th century.
Gargantua was a fictional character from Francois Rabelais’ 16th century novel pentalogy titled The Life of Gargantua and of Pantagruel whose popularity was centered upon its liberal use of satire, absurdity, and crude humor. The print is one of the many images of Epinal, a collection of popular prints produced by Jean-Charles Pellerin and later by his company. The low cost prints provided a broad population with stories and news, visualizing historic events, classics, and other entertainments.
FREE Shipping Worldwide on ALL prints.
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
- There is NO extra charge for ordering in your currency. If your preferred currency is not on the currency picker menu at the top of the site or by each image price, please get in touch.
- All our beautiful pictures are printed on museum-grade, heavyweight Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper. Our preferred paper is Hahnemühle Pearl (285gsm). If you'd prefer a different paper, please get in touch.
- Giclée printers use a higher quality of fade-resistant, archival, pigment-based inks. When applied to high quality archival substrates, like, for example, the Hahnemühle cotton-based, acid free Rag papers we use, this results in an unbeatable archival lifespan of up to 200 years.
- You can learn more about how are high-quality prints are made here.
- We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds
- Your print is placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends
- All prints and other items are tracked
- All items are delivered to your door
FRAMED, CANVAS & BESPOKE ORDERS:
- If you'd like to order any of our prints in a size different, framed, on a stretched canvas or for anything else, please get in touch via our Contact page.