Scherzo di Follia by Pierre-Louis Pierson - c. 1863-1866
Sign up to our free Newsletter here for more discounts.
“Scherzo di Follia” (translation “Joke Madness”) by Pierre-Louis Pierson,
- a photographic portrait of the Countess of Castiglione - circa 1863-1866.
Virginia Oldoïni, Countess of Castiglione (22 March 1837 – 28 November 1899), better known as La Castiglione, was an Italian aristocrat who achieved notoriety as a mistress of Emperor Napoleon III of France. She was also a significant figure in the early history of photography.
Housed at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City, USA.
Shipping: All shipping is tracked. Any issue with delivery or if your order does not reach you in excellent condition, we will send you a replacement.
- You can learn more about how our high-quality prints are made here.
Sustainable printing and packaging:
The materials we use to produce your orders have been carefully selected to reduce our impact on the environment whilst ensuring your orders get to you in perfect condition. All the packaging used for orders are a mixture of sustainably sourced, recyclable or biodegradable.
- Prints over 420mm wide - We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds. Your prints are placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends.
- Prints below 420mm wide - We package your print in a robust envelope. Your print is placed in group sleeves on card stiffener. Fixed to card
stiffener with stickers. Placed in the envelope.
Frames Prints, Canvases & Bespoke Orders:
- If you'd like to order any of our prints in a size different, framed, on a stretched canvas or for anything else, please get in touch via our chat box, contact page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.