Royal Aquarium, 'Chang' - 1880
Royal Aquarium - on view with Wielands Realities!!! - Chang. Date, 1880.
Poster (printed in black with a graded background going from red at the top to yellow to blue at the bottom), advertising the appearance of Chang, a chinese giant (over 8 feet tall) in some sort of variety show at the Royal Aquarium (a large exhibition hall and theatre built in 1876 and demolished in 1902 on the site of the current Central Hall opposite Westminster Abbey, London). The poster was printed by Aubert's Steam Printing Works in Maiden Lane, Strand, London.
FREE Shipping Worldwide on ALL prints.
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
- There is NO extra charge for ordering in your currency. If your preferred currency is not on the currency picker menu at the top of the site or by each image price, please get in touch.
- All our beautiful pictures are printed on museum-grade, heavyweight Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper
- Giclée printers use a higher quality of fade-resistant, archival, pigment-based inks. When applied to high quality archival substrates, like, for example, the Hahnemühle cotton-based, acid free Rag papers we use, this results in an unbeatable archival lifespan of up to 200 years.
- You can learn more about how are high-quality prints are made here.
- We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds
- Your print is placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends
- All prints and other items are tracked
- All items are delivered to your door
- If you'd like to order any of our fine art prints in a size different to what you see in the shop, or for anything else, please get in touch via our Contact page.