Returning to the Reconquered Land by George Clausen - 1918
George Clausen (1852–1944) : Returning to the Reconquered Land, 1918.
'British artist Sir George Clausen (1852-1944) was commissioned in 1918 by the Canadian War Memorials Fund to paint a large canvas focusing on the subject of agriculture behind the lines in France. Clausen was a well-known British landscape, figure and portrait painter. However, his journey to France during the winter of 1918-1919 had a great impact on him and, instead of agriculture, the resulting painting shows the artist's impression of the population returning to search for their ruined homes after the Armistice.'
- War Museum
FREE Shipping Worldwide on ALL prints. The price you see is the full price. No add-ons at checkout
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
- There is NO extra charge for ordering in your currency. If your preferred currency is not on the currency picker menu at the top of the site or by each image price, please get in touch.
- All our beautiful pictures are printed on museum-grade, heavyweight Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper
- We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds
- Your print is placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends
- All prints and other items are tracked
- All items are delivered to your door
- If you'd like to order any of our fine art prints in a size different to what you see in the shop, or for anything else, please get in touch via our Contact page.