Woman Riding A Man, c. 1886 - From Sexologist Richard Freiherr von Krafft-Ebing’s Private Papers
An image from Richard Freiherr von Krafft-Ebing’s private papers.
Richard Freiherr von Krafft-Ebing (1840-1902) left us his 1886 tome Psychopathia Sexualis: eine Klinisch-Forensische Studie. The book, first published in 1886 (and translated from German into English in 1892), features 200 case studies to help physicians, psychiatrists and judges know more about fetishism, sadism, masochism (terms the author coined) homosexuality, ymphomania, necrophilia, pederasty, coprophilia, bestiality, transvestism, exhibitionism and incest.
Before Richard Freiherr von Krafft-Ebing’s work, all fields of sexuality were branded as “perversions”. Now named, these “deviant sexual behaviours” could be better studied and discussed. Science was now in control of those unnatural urges.
FREE Shipping Worldwide on ALL prints. The price you see is the full price. No add-ons at checkout.
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
- There is NO extra charge for ordering in your currency. If your preferred currency is not on the currency picker menu at the top of the site or by each image price, please get in touch.
- All our beautiful pictures are printed on museum-grade, heavyweight Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper
- We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds
- Your print is placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends
- All prints and other items are tracked
- All items are delivered to your door
- If you'd like to order any of our fine art prints in a size different to what you see in the shop, or for anything else, please get in touch via our Contact page.