Poster for the 49th Exhibition of the Vienna Secession by Egon Schiele - 1918
Egon Schiele : Poster for the 49th Exhibition of the Vienna Secession (Secession 49. Ausstellung) 1918.
This poster from 1918, short and to the point, advertises the 49th exhibition of the Vienna Secession group of artists. For the design, Secession member Egon Schiele went back to sketches and a painting that he had created the previous year. He placed himself reading at the head of an L-shaped table. Schiele is surrounded by his artist friends, emphasising the solidarity of the group. The scene is shown from an angle and from above; it is remarkably flat, without any surrounding context and with a distorted perspective. In earlier versions, the empty chair opposite Schiele was occupied by his mentor and founder of the Vienna Secession, the painter Gustav Klimt. However, Klimt had died just before the exhibition and no one could take his place at the table. By the end of 1918, Schiele’s chair was also empty. He died of Spanish flu at the age of 28, just a month before the end of the First World War, which had held the Viennese artists firmly in its grasp. - Source
FREE Shipping Worldwide on ALL prints.
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
- There is NO extra charge for ordering in your currency. If your preferred currency is not on the currency picker menu at the top of the site or by each image price, please get in touch.
- All our beautiful pictures are printed on museum-grade, heavyweight Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper. Our preferred paper is Hahnemühle Pearl (285gsm). If you'd prefer a different paper, please get in touch.
- Giclée printers use a higher quality of fade-resistant, archival, pigment-based inks. When applied to high quality archival substrates, like, for example, the Hahnemühle cotton-based, acid free Rag papers we use, this results in an unbeatable archival lifespan of up to 200 years.
- You can learn more about how are high-quality prints are made here.
- We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds
- Your print is placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends
- All prints and other items are tracked
- All items are delivered to your door
FRAMED, CANVAS & BESPOKE ORDERS:
- If you'd like to order any of our prints in a size different, framed, on a stretched canvas or for anything else, please get in touch via our Contact page.