Empire Marketing Board, poster by Paul Nash - 1930
Empire Marketing Board poster by Paul Nash - 1930.
The Empire Marketing Board (EMB) was founded in May 1926, as a small government body with committees for research, marketing and publicity. Much of its effort went into encouraging research and analysis, including into how to improve the quality, storage and distribution of British and colonial produce.
It was set up with the Secretary of State for the Colonies (then Leopold Amery) as its Chairman, with a civil servant (Stephen Tallents, Sir Stephen from 1932) as its Secretary.
But it also employed people from the media, advertising and commercial world more generally, as well as giving commissions to some of the most talented poster artists of the day.
FREE Shipping Worldwide on ALL prints. The price you see is the full price. No add-ons at checkout
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
- All our beautiful pictures are printed on museum-grade, heavyweight Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper
- We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds
- Your print is placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends
- All prints and other items are tracked
- All items are delivered to your door
- If you'd like to order any of our fine art prints in a size different to what you see in the shop, or for anything else, please get in touch via our Contact page.