Women of the World by Bob Hyde - 1960s
Women of the World by Bob Hyde - 1960s.
Women of the World (original title La donna nel mondo) is a 1963 Italian mondo film, also described as a "shockumentary", written and directed by filmmakers Gualtiero Jacopetti, Paolo Cavara and Franco Prosperi. It was rushed into release on 30 January, following the international box-office success achieved by its predecessor, the initial mondo film, Mondo Cane, which premiered in Italy ten months earlier, 30 March 1962. The English language print was narrated by Peter Ustinov.
Following the pattern set by the original concept and consisting mostly of leftover footage from the first film, Women of the World is, again, a series of travelogue vignettes which provide glimpses into the lives of its title subjects, with the intention of shocking or surprising Western film audiences. However, unlike the previous film which had no specific central subject matter, but rather presented a kaleidoscopic display of shocking content, the second film was marketed as directly promising a titillating display of feminine flesh and intriguing as well as exotic sexual practices. As with the first film, despite its claims of being a genuine documentary, a number of the depicted scenes are either staged or creatively manipulated.
FREE Shipping Worldwide on ALL prints.
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
- There is NO extra charge for ordering in your currency. If your preferred currency is not on the currency picker menu at the top of the site or by each image price, please get in touch.
- All our beautiful pictures are printed on museum-grade, heavyweight Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper
- Giclée printers use a higher quality of fade-resistant, archival, pigment-based inks. When applied to high quality archival substrates, like, for example, the Hahnemühle cotton-based, acid free Rag papers we use, this results in an unbeatable archival lifespan of up to 200 years.
- You can learn more about how are high-quality prints are made here.
- We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds
- Your print is placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends
- All prints and other items are tracked
- All items are delivered to your door
- If you'd like to order any of our fine art prints in a size different to what you see in the shop, or for anything else, please get in touch via our Contact page.