Grand Théâtre de l'Exposition - 1889
Grand Théâtre de l'Exposition - 1889.
"For children visiting the Paris World's Fair, there was a whole Kiddie Show with plenty to see and do. An enchanting Cherette announces the entertainments with trumpet and drum, accompanied by a symbol-clanging little clown. The location in the large fairgrounds is easy to find, 'At the foot of the (Eiffel) Tower on the Suffren side.' Rare!" (Rennert, PAI-XXIII, 207)
"The achievement of Cheret was to create a world of explosive happiness, and to paste it on the walls of Paris. As a painter he will be remembered for what Huysmans calls his 'spirit of nervous gaiety', as a lithographer for his superb technique, and as a poster artist for being the ancestor of all modern advertising." (Abdy p.36)
FREE Shipping Worldwide on ALL prints.
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
- All our beautiful pictures are printed on museum-grade, heavyweight Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper. Our preferred paper is Hahnemühle Pearl (285gsm). If you'd prefer a different paper, please get in touch.
- Giclée printers use a higher quality of fade-resistant, archival, pigment-based inks. When applied to high quality archival substrates, like, for example, the Hahnemühle cotton-based, acid free Rag papers we use, this results in an unbeatable archival lifespan of up to 200 years.
- You can learn more about how are high-quality prints are made here.
- We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds
- Your print is placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends
- All prints and other items are tracked
- All items are delivered to your door
FRAMED, CANVAS & BESPOKE ORDERS:
- If you'd like to order any of our prints in a size different, framed, on a stretched canvas or for anything else, please get in touch via our Contact page.