A Sergeant in the Police Force formed by the Italians by Edward Bawden - c.1942
A Sergeant in the Police Force formed by the Italians by Edward Bawden. Watercolour, chalk and ink on paper. He painted this portrait in Asmara which he visited on his travels around Eritrea in the wake of the British offensive into Ethiopia. Bawden captures the vivacity of the sitter’s decorative uniform against a pale background, breaking out of his usually subdued colour pallet. He painted this portrait in Asmara which he visited on his travels around Eritrea in the wake of the British offensive into Ethiopia.
FREE Shipping Worldwide on ALL prints. The price you see is the full price. No add-ons at checkout.
Use the drop-down menu on this page to order in your local currency
- There is NO extra charge for ordering in your currency. If your preferred currency is not on the currency picker menu at the top of the site or by each image price, please get in touch.
- All our beautiful pictures are printed on museum-grade, heavyweight Pearl Textured Fine Art Giclée paper
- We carefully cover your prints with tissue paper and bubble wrap, eliminating the danger of any scratches or folds
- Your print is placed into a robust cardboard tube, secured and sealed at both ends
- All prints and other items are tracked
- All items are delivered to your door
- If you'd like to order any of our fine art prints in a size different to what you see in the shop, or for anything else, please get in touch via our Contact page.